Phone: (213) 744-2124
Fax: (213) 744-2673
Volunteer for the 64th California State Science Fair!
More information available on the Volunteer Opportunities page.
Volunteers are an integral part of the California Science Center family. As a non-profit organization, we depend on our volunteer force to assist with the day-to-day operations of the Science Center. In addition to the tangible benefits our volunteers receive, they also enjoy the personal satisfaction of sharing in the fulfillment of the California Science Center mission. Varying in age volunteers come from all walks of life - yet on a volunteer level, they share the same mission: to touch the lives of children and families in a positive way by giving of their personal time.
We are seeking enthusiastic volunteers to serve in an array of exciting positions. Volunteer shifts are available every day of the week (including Saturday & Sunday) between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm. Volunteers are usually scheduled for a four hour shift, typical shifts are 10:00 am to 2:00pm or 1:00pm to 5:00pm. Please see our Volunteer Opportunities for a list of positions currently accepting applicants.
You're a Vital Element - Join Our Team!
You don't have to be a scientist to volunteer at the California Science Center. Anyone 16 years or older who can offer an overall commitment of six months is encouraged to share their skills and talents. Check out the list of volunteer benefits below, and for more information, please call the Volunteer Department at (213) 744-2124.
Measure the Benefits
In an exciting environment, you'll stimulate science exploration among guests of all ages and learn how science relates to everyday life working alongside California Science Center staff, you'll develop new skills and receive special benefits such as:
- Fun and easy group and individual training
- Free previews of new exhibits and IMAX films
- Invitations to special events and activities
- Invitations to special lectures and workshops
- Discounts at on-site eateries
- Discounts at the ExploraStore
- Free parking
- Special awards and recognition
Volunteer Program Requirements:
- Be at least 16 years of age (some positions have an 18 year of age minimum)
- Commit to volunteering a minimum of 4 hours/week
- Commit to serving between 6 months and 1 year (requirement determined by volunteer position)
- Submit a volunteer application
- Attend an informational Volunteer Orientation
- Attend training courses (required training courses determined by volunteer position)
If you think you might like to volunteer, please check out our Volunteer Opportunities and then submit an application. Please click on the links to your right to submit the application that suits your needs.