The California Science Center is one of the world's leading science centers devoted to science learning. It is among the most attended museums in North America, with over 2.5 million guests each year for the past two years and is the permanent home of the Space Shuttle Endeavour. The California Science Center is currently developing a major expansion, the Samuel Oschin Air and Space Center. The California Science Center holds prestigious accreditations by the American Alliance of Museums and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. The California Science Center is a department of the State of California (State) and who works in partnership with the not-for-profit California Science Center Foundation (Foundation) to bring our mission to life. Visit us on the web to learn more: californiasciencecenter.org.
King Tut: Treasures of the Golden Pharaoh makes its world premiere at the California Science Center on March 24, 2018! The exhibition includes an exquisite collection of real artifacts from the Boy King’s tomb, many of which King Tut himself used in life and in death, including gold jewelry, colossal sculpture and gilded furniture. Guests will explore the story told by these priceless objects and learn what science has revealed about King Tut’s life and death.
About the Job:
Under the supervision of the Reservations Manager or Supervisor, The Reservationist’s primary responsibility is to book and upgrade group telephone reservations, and process individual telephone sales. This includes entering group(s) in the Ticketing System, mailing out confirmations and educational packets as applicable. Other responsibilities include contacting groups in the event that advance payment is not received by specified deadline, soliciting information from groups as to their future plans and/or other sales related information, general maintenance of reservations files, and general office and clerical duties as needed. Reservationists will be trained to perform as box office cashiers and receptionists for Phase II and the Wallis Annenburg Building and other areas as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess good verbal skills & typing skills (40 wpm).
- Six months phone service or computer based retail service experience preferred.
- Basic problem solving skills and the ability to resolve guest conflicts as required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must enjoy working with a diverse population, general public.
- Ability to lift, pull, and/or push a minimum of 25lbs required.
- Must be able to provide exceptional customer service, and possess an outgoing attitude and a friendly, helpful nature.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative "team environment."
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain the highest standards of friendly, helpful, and responsive guest service at all times.
- Communicate well with guests on the telephone and in all situations, remain polite, courteous, and helpful at all times.
- Utilize knowledge gained through our website and training to provide accurate information about all California Science Center offerings currently available and upcoming offerings as released. Provide accurate information about the contents of educational packets and on any special programs or events happening at the California Science Center or Exposition Park.
- Retain and utilize knowledge of all coupons, discounts, group, consignment and complimentary ticket procedures.
- Inform all group leaders of related policies and procedures of the California Science Center.
- Professionally manage all interactions with guests to promote good will towards the California Science Center.
- Immediately report guest problems or any issues to management for resolution.
- Be an active participant in management’s effort to improve guest service by providing feedback, initiating recommendations, participating in meetings and discussions, etc.
- Maintain the highest standards of neatness and cleanliness of the Central Reservations area.
- Provide for the proper use and safekeeping of California Science Center property.
- Possess working knowledge of all office equipment, including the reservation telephone system, ticketing system workstation, etc.
- Check daily for broken items and equipment that may be in need of repair or replacement. Report problems to manager or supervisor for repair.
- Maintain accuracy in inputting groups in the database to ensure no over-sells or over bookings.
- Prepare check deposits and perform routine audits of the ticketing system.
- Send out group confirmation paperwork/packets within one day or the same day of booking.
- Cover the Phase II and Wallis Annenberg Building reception desks.
- Perform other duties as required.
$12.50 per hour
Send Cover Letter, Resume, Salary Target and Job Application to the HR Dept. via fax at 213-744-2673, email to HR@cscmail.org, or mail to the California Science Center Foundation, H. R. Dept, 700 Exposition Park Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90037. Only applications that include a cover letter, resume, salary target and completed job application will be considered. No phone calls please. EOE.