Thank you for your interest in partnering with the California Science Center! Please read the criteria below and fill out this application form.
Organizations are to comply with the following in order to perform demonstrations:
- Must be willing to work with California Science Center on a voluntary basis.
- Accreditation in field/specialty preferred (such as the Association of Professional Dog Trainers or International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants).
- Must have / show proof of General liability insurance policy*.
- Must have live dog included in demonstration.
- Must bring in own equipment.
- Must have some demonstration / public experience with live dogs.
- Demonstration must be educational and non-commercial.
- Dogs involved in demonstrations must be well trained.
Dogs must be in compliance with municipal regulations as follows:
- Pet dogs must be licensed and have a rabies vaccine.
- Female dogs must be spayed.
- Male dogs – neutered preferred.
California Science Center will be sure to uphold the following:
- Programs Coordinator will determine and monitor demonstrators’ needs and provide appropriate accommodations within reason (setup support, green room when not performing demos, etc.).
- California Science Center will provide AV equipment as needed (microphone, speakers, etc.).
- Programs Coordinator will ensure museum best practices and museum safety/health regulations are being upheld.
- Signage will recognize each organization / individual performing demonstration
*Policy must cover any 3rd party claims up to $1,000,000 each occurrence, $2,000,000 limit aggregate.