Scholarships for Summer Camp 2020 are now available!
The California Science Center Foundation is offering scholarships for children and families with demonstrated financial need, including those recently affected financially by COVID-19. Please see below for eligibility requirements, scholarship policies and application information.
To apply for a scholarship, families must submit the following:
- $15 processing fee paid by credit card (Visa, American Express, Master Card, or Discover)
- Applicants must provide documentation to verify eligibility (see Eligibility Requirements section below).
To qualify for a Virtual Hands-On Science Camp scholarship you must have verification for one of the following:
- Financially Affected by COVID-19 including Job Loss, Job Furlough or Reduced Pay: Documentation of parent or legal guardian job loss, furlough, or reduction of hours or pay.
- Free/Reduced Lunch: Qualification letter showing participant's first and last name; or 2018 or 2019 tax return (Form 1040, 1040EZ, 1040A, etc.) to show eligibility for free/reduced lunch based on federal income guidelines.
- Medi-Cal/Low-Income Health Insurance: Current dated qualification letter or medical card showing applicant's first and last name.
Please review the following policies before submitting an application:
- Applicants must provide documentation to verify eligibility. See Eligibility Information section above.
- Due to limited availability, only one scholarship will be awarded per child, and limited to two scholarships per family.
- All scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first served basis.
- PreK-8th grade students are only eligible for half-day scholarships.
- Scholarships will not be processed with missing information, including proof of eligibility and/or processing fee.
- Only one submission will be accepted per applicant. Please do not submit form more than once.
- Acceptance/denial letters will be e-mailed or mailed 2-3 business days after enrollment has been processed.
- Cancellation/change policy: Due to required shipment of supplies, no changes to class schedule will be honored.
Apply for a 2020 Camp Scholarship
Due to limited availability, only one scholarship will be awarded per child.
K-8th grade students are only eligible for half-day scholarships.
Scholarship applications will be available via the online enrollment system beginning May 15, 2020. Application instructions below:
- Select 'Virtual Science Camp'
- Login or create an account
- In the class selector, pick 'Apply for a Scholarship'
- Complete the checkout process
- Email documentation to verify eligibility to CampScholarships@californiasciencecenter.org
If you have any questions regarding Hands-On Science Camp Scholarships, please contact us at CampScholarships@californiasciencecenter.org or 213-744-7444.