Local middle school-aged youth become ambassadors of the California Science Center and science learning through the Young Curators program, where eligible students and their families participate in free and exclusive science programming at the California Science Center.
Young Curators year round activities include:
- Science Ambassador Program: One-day program where participants learn about the California Science Center by engaging in interactive activities at the Science Center and Exposition Park.
- Hands-On Science Camp: Participants attend two full day weeks of Camp in a topic of their choice. (Application fee of $15 per participant)
- Family Science Days: Six exclusive educational program days throughout the school year. Programming may include: meet and speak with an astronaut, hands-on science activities, and special exhibition viewings.
All Young Curators must:
- Be entering 7th or 8th grade in Fall 2019
- Live within 5 miles of the California Science Center
- Receive or qualify for free or reduced lunch or low income health insurance
Goals of Young Curators program
- Provide high quality science experiences
- Connect families to resources at the California Science Center and the local community
- Collaboration with and between families, communities and the Science Center