To apply for a scholarship, families must submit the following:
- Online application and class selection (no longer available for 2022)
- $20 processing fee paid by credit card (Visa, American Express, Master Card, or Discover)
- No credit card? Please contact 213-744-7444 for alternate application options.
- Documentation must be provided to verify eligibility (see Eligibility Requirements section below).
To qualify for a Virtual Hands-On Science Camp scholarship you must have verification for one of the following:
- Free/Reduced Lunch: Qualification letter showing participant's first and last name; or 2020 or 2021 tax return (Form 1040, 1040EZ, 1040A, etc.) to show eligibility for free/reduced lunch based on federal income guidelines.
- Medi-Cal/Low-Income Health Insurance: Current dated qualification letter or medical card showing applicant's first and last name.
- Pandemic EBT (P-EBT): Proof of eligibility to receive P-EBT benefits in the 2020-21 or 2021-22 school year.
If sending images of P-EBT information, please cover account numbers, but leave student name visible.
Please review the following policies before submitting an application:
- Applicants must provide documentation to verify eligibility. See Eligibility Information section above.
- Failure to submit documentation of eligibility will result in forfeiting of reserved classes.
- Due to limited availability, only one week of scholarship(s) will be awarded per child, and limited to two campers per family.
- All scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first served basis.
- All campers are eligible to apply for one full-day, one half-day, or two half-days combined within the same week.
- Scholarships will not be processed with missing information, including proof of eligibility and/or processing fee.
- Only one submission will be accepted per applicant. Please do not submit form more than once.
- Acceptance/denial letters will be e-mailed or mailed 2-3 business days after enrollment has been processed.