The success of your students is important to you, and the California Science Center is here to support science learning in your class, at your school, and while on field trips. Take some time to look through our program offerings for teachers and students of all ages. This page combines all of the most relevant information just for teachers like you!
Taking time away from your classroom is no small task, so make the most of your field trip by examining the exciting learning opportunities available at the California Science Center! By supplementing your science curriculum with these hands-on, interactive, and engaging experiences, you are sure to leave your students with lasting memories, increased curiosity, and a deeper understanding of science.
Get information about field trip registration and program offerings by following the links below:
- Big Lab Programs - Enhance classroom science with activities focused on physics, biology, chemistry, earth science, and more! All programs support Next Generation Science Standards.
- IMAX - See a movie on our seven-story IMAX screen!
- Permanent and Special Exhibits - Discover what is on display in exhibit galleries throughout the Science Center.
- Live Shows and Demonstrations - Prepare for your visit by learning about our selection of free demonstrations, activities, and shows offered daily!
- Field Trip and Group Information - Find registration forms, contact information and more.
- Ecosystems Field Trip Lessons - Focus your trip with chaperone-facilitated, K-5 grade-level specific activities for small groups.
Science on Tour
As an alternative to taking a field trip, you can bring the California Science Center to your school with one of our traveling programs! Our energetic and knowledgeable staff will arrive in the Science on Tour van, ready to transform your auditorium, cafeteria, theater, library, or other gathering space into an interactive and engaging space for science learning.
- Science on Tour - Explore the programs and decide which is right for your school!
Expand your teaching practices and deepen your understanding of science by participating in one of our Professional Learning workshops! By exploring activities and materials designed to inspire student-driven inquiry and critical thinking, you will gain the tools to infuse your practice with innovative ideas and strategies to engage students in science learning. Workshops are correlated to Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Find information about upcoming workshops.